Homeless after leaving hospital

You should tell the hospital nursing staff as soon as possible, so that they know that you will be homeless when you are discharged.  They will ask the hospital discharge team to help if they can.

The discharge team may refer you to our Housing Needs Team. We will assess your situation and you may be offered temporary accommodation while your application is assessed.

In the first instance, the Housing Needs Team will always ask if you can stay with family or friends where you can get the support you need. This is because bed and breakfast or emergency interim accommodation may not be the most suitable accommodation for your needs. This accommodation may also be further away than you’d like from the support of your family and friends.

If you have a home already but it needs to be adapted, the hospital will refer you to Derbyshire County Council’s Call Derbyshire Service who are responsible for Disabled Facilities Grants in Bolsover District.



 01246 242424
 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


No specific documents


No specific links