Compliments, Comments and Complaints

Compliments - Everyone likes to be told they are doing a good job and our staff are no exception. We would like you to tell us when we do something right, or if you're particularly pleased with any of our services.

Comments - We would like to hear your suggestions on how we could improve, so please let us know by making a comment or suggestion. Your ideas will be forwarded to the most appropriate person who will consider your suggested changes when they next review their service.

Complaints - We want you to complain if you feel you've been poorly or unfairly treated by any of our services and we will do our best to put things right when things have gone wrong. You can make a compliment, comment or complaint about us or any of our services by completing the Compliments, Comments and Complaints form on our Self Service portal, or you can write to us at Bolsover District Council, The Arc, High Street, Clowne, Derbyshire S43 4JY, or by calling into any one of our Contact Centres and asking one of our employees to put your complaint in writing for you.

If you are unhappy about a council service please contact the person or department you have been dealing with first. If you are unsure who to contact please telephone our Contact Centres on 01246 242424. We will try wherever possible to resolve the matter with you informally at that time (this is called frontline resolution). If the person you are dealing with is unable to do that they will offer you a call back from their line manager within 3 working days and/or advise you how to make a formal complaint (we call this a formal investigation).

If your complaint has been considered by us at the formal investigation stage and you remain dissatisfied with the outcome of that investigation and response, you must complete an Internal Review Complaint Form and your complaint will be reviewed by an Executive Director.

However, if you are still not satisfied after you have fully completed our complaints procedure, then your next step would be to make a complaint in writing to the Local Government & Social Care Ombudsman or, in the case of housing matters, to your local Councillor, M.P. or the Housing Ombudsman Service. They will be able to provide you with advice on how to proceed further.

Complaints about Councillors - If you have a complaint or comment about one of our Councillors (sometimes called Elected Members) please use our Self Service portal.


 01246 242424
 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.