Elections for the European Parliament take place every 5 years. The next election will be in May 2019.
Click here for more information and results (results will be available after the count on Sunday 26 May 2019)
The Government has made it clear it intends to leave the EU before the date of European Parliament elections. If the UK is still in the EU on Thursday 23 May then polls will take place on that day in the UK. The Notice of election and the Statement of Persons Nominated and Notice of Poll has been published.
You can find who your MEPs are on the European Parliament website.
The Electoral Commission website has more information about European Parliament elections.
Notice of Vacancy
A vacancy has arisen in office of councillor for the parish of Clowne West Ward.
Elections results 2019
Bolsover District residents who are already registered to vote willl automatically be sent poll cards to vote in the General Election.
You only need to register if you have moved house or have not previously registered to vote at the address where you live, and the quickest and easiest way to do this is online, where you will need to provide details including your date of birth and National Insurance Number.
The deadline to register for the General Election on 8 June is midnight on 22 May.
The deadline for receiving new postal vote and postal proxy applications, and for changes to existing postal or proxy votes is 5pm on Tuesday 23 May.
The deadline for receiving new applications to vote by proxy (not postal proxy or emergency proxies) is 5pm om Wednesday 31 May.
The earliest date that electors can apply for a replacement for lost postal votes is Friday 2 June.
The last time for re-issue of spoilt or lost postal votes is 5pm on Thursday 8 June.
The deadline for emergency proxy applications is 5pm on Thursday 8 June.
If you require any further information, please ring the Electoral Services team on 01246 242435.
- Notice of Election (57kb) - Statement of Persons Nominated, Poll Notice and Polling Stations (69kb) - Election Agents (11kb)
Notice of Conclusion of Review of Polling Districts and Polling Places
Representation of the People Act 1983
Bolsover District Council has completed a review of polling districts and polling places in accordance with the Representation of the People Act 1983. The review was undertaken following a review of the Council’s electoral arrangements by the Local Government Boundary Commission for England. The new electoral arrangements will come into force at the local elections in 2019.
The Council has taken into account public comments, observations and representations in reaching its decisions, and has now published revised details of its designated Polling Districts and Polling Places.
The changes to the polling districts and polling places will be incorporated in the revised electoral register to be published on 1st December 2018.
The following documentation in relation to the review is available to view online at www.bolsover.gov.uk. Hard copies of the documents are available for inspection at The Arc, High Street, Clowne, Derbyshire, S43 4JY.
- Details of the designation of polling districts and polling places within the Bolsover District as a result of the review
Details of Designation of New Polling Districts and Polling Places and final Designation of New Polling Districts and Places
- Maps showing the new Polling Districts and Polling Places
- The minutes of meeting of the Council held on 12th September 2018 which considered the draft recommendations
- The report and appendices considered by the Council at its meeting held on 12th September 2018 which sets out the reasons for choosing each particular polling place and polling district including responses to public consultation
- Correspondence sent to any person or consultee to whom the authority contacted because they had particular expertise in relation to access to premises or facilities for disabled people.
Letter to consultees
Following the conclusion of the Local Authority’s review certain persons have a right to make representations to the Electoral Commission. If, on receipt of the representations, the Commission find that the review did not:
- meet the reasonable requirements of the electors in the constituency or a body of them; or
- take sufficient account of the accessibility for disabled persons of a polling station/polling stations with a designated polling place then the Commission may direct the Council to make any alterations to the polling places as they think necessary and if the alterations are not made within two months, make the alterations themselves.
Any representations must be in writing, either by post, e-mail or fax to:
Legal Counsel, The Electoral Commission, 3 Bunhill Row, London EC1Y 8YZ.
Tel: 020 7271 0500 Fax: 020 7271 0505
If you require any further information regarding this review telephone 01246 242422
Dan Swaine, Dated 23 October 2018
The next elections to take place in Bolsover district are the Derbyshire County Council Elections which will take place on Thursday 4 May 2017. In Bolsover area, there are 6 electoral divisions represented by six county councillors:
- Barlborough and Clowne - Statement of Persons Nominated (11kb) - Election Agents (9kb) - Notice of poll (18kb) - Verification of ballot papers (728kb)
- Bolsover North - Statement of Persons Nominated (13kb) - Election Agents (9kb) - Notice of poll (21kb) - Verification of ballot papers (696kb)
- Bolsover South - Statement of Persons Nominated (13kb) - Election Agents (9kb) - Notice of poll (24kb) - Verification of ballot papers (683kb)
- Shirebrook and Pleasley - Statement of Persons Nominated (14kb) - Election Agents (10kb) - Notice of poll (21kb) - Verification of ballot papers (681kb)
- South Normanton and Pinxton - Statement of Persons Nominated (13kb) - Election Agents (10kb) - Notice of poll (20kb) - Verification of ballot papers (691kb)
- Tibshelf - Statement of Persons Nominated (13kb) - Election Agents (9kb) - Notice of poll (22kb) - Verification of ballot papers (654kb)
We have issued the Notice of Election (11kb). Any new postal, proxy or postal vote applications, and changes to existing postal or proxy votes must reach us by 5pm on Tuesday 18 April 2017.